Personal Training at Vitruvian Fitness
Throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic
- We wear masks while working out.
- Typical physical distancing of 17 feet between all members.
- All doors are wide open with fans directing airflow from one end and out the other.
- 10 to 30-minute gap between sessions for cleaning and additional fresh air exchange.
- All contact surfaces (equipment, floors, high-frequency touch surfaces) are sanitized using an EPA Registered antibacterial, virucide, mildew-stat, deodorant, and detergent solutions that kill SARS-CoV-2, MRSA, Staph, HIV, and more.
Vitruvian Fitness is open for in-studio personal training and very small group exercise classes. We have made significant changes to almost every aspect of the training experience. The guiding principle as we developed these changes (and update them as often as new scientific data if available) is one very simple question we continue to repeat over and over: Is it safe?
The follow up to that question is equally important: Do you feel safe?
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Education (CDPHE) and Jefferson County Public Health (JCPH) have published specific guidelines for Personal Services under which Vitruvian Fitness falls. Personal Training for groups of 4 or less are permitted to begin again effective May 9, 2020. We have taken that guidance and applied it to our training studio.
As of June 18, 2020, indoor fitness classes are allowed providing spacing not less than 6 feet is possible.
The outline below contains highlights from the plan we have put together. This plan is still being fine-tuned and will be updated as often as new information and improvements to best-practices are learned.
- Personal Training in studio will be limited to groups of 4 trainees plus 1 trainer.
- Your training appointment will be for a 50-minute block of time. Your workout will be modified if necessary so you can complete the bulk of it within 45 minutes. The remaining 5 minutes are reserved for clean up.
- At the end of your 50 minute appointment, you must leave your workout space so we can prepare it for the next appointment.
- There will be a 10 to 30-minute gap between scheduled appointments to maintain distance between overlapping workouts, exchange the air in the studio, and to sanitize the floor.
- Personal Training on Zoom continues.
- Everyone who enters the studio (staff included) will make a declaration of health and have their temperature taken. The declaration is simple: you are symptom-free, you’ve not knowingly been in contact with anyone who has been infected in the past 14 days, and you’ve been respecting the safer-at-home guidance in all other areas of your life.
- Everyone will bring and wear their own fabric masks that cover nose and mouth.
- Take all of your belongings into your self-contained workout station where you stay for the duration of your workout.
- Everything you need is in that station – foam rollers, mini-bands, yoga blocks, dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells, stability balls, TRX . . . If you need something that’s not there, we will get it for you.
- Every trainee will do a quick wipe of the things they are about to use and a thorough wipe of everything they touched when they’re done.
- Cardio-vascular exercise is limited indoors but can be done outdoors.
- All the doors will be open. The heat and air conditioning will be OFF. Dress accordingly.
- Self-Contained Workout Stations have been created and delineated clearly with bright yellow tape. That will be your home for the duration of your workout.
- SCWSs are abundantly large and spaced 6 feet apart. When you are in the middle of your station, you are at least 17 feet apart from someone working out in the middle of their station. If you are at the edge closest to the person you’re working out next to, you are still at least 6 feet apart. (wearing a mask, not coughing, not sneezing, not touching)
- Hand sanitizer, spray sanitizer, sanitizing wipes will be available within arms-reach.
- Bring your own workout towel and take it home. (Use it on your own body, not the equipment you touch).
- Showers are closed.
- The bathroom in the main room is available if you need it but you’ll have to wipe down when you’re done and that will cut into your time. So, try to take care of your business before you arrive.
Private One-on-One Training
Private Training sessions and new-client intakes and assessments are scheduled on a case-by-case basis. We do not have a set schedule for these but we will make accommodations one at a time.
Group Exercise Classes
Check the schedule for our group exercise program. Some classes are only on Zoom and others are in-studio and simulcast over Zoom. Check the class schedule for times and descriptions of each.
Check here to see what our current membership options are.
CDPHE and JCPH Guidance
Here are the links to the guidance from the CDPHE and JCPH:
Questions or Comments?
If you have questions, concerns, or comments, please feel free to call or email. We’ll do our best to answer.